Who are we? We are grown men who never forgot the childhood smells of hot electric motors and controllers, who dreamt of a really long straight and a Scalextric track with more than two lanes.
If you are male or female, young or old, and these thoughts take you back to halcyon days and you live in Oxford, or there abouts, then dream no more.
- We have a four lane circuit
- It's very big
- Each lane has its own power supply
- We use "brakes" - three wires to the track
- Timing to 1/100th of a second
- We use the Slotmaster race management software - some races require fuel pitstops
- We run traditional Scalextric and the excellent Spanish brands like Fly, Ninco, SCX and others
- We run our cars pretty much 'box standard' with minimal modifications so as to keep things simple
- We have loan cars and controllers so you don't need to bring anything other than enthusisasm
We meet on the 1st, 3rd and 5th (as and when it occurs) Tuesday night of a month, 8:00pm at the Ramsden Memorial Hall, Ramsden (located midway between Witney and Charlbury, just off the B4022). There are always cars and controllers you can borrow if you have none of your own. If you are interested in having a go then drop us a line, or just pop along.
Meantime, please poke around the site and imagine the fun. And if you want to see more slot stuff check out our ever growing links directory of over 600 dedicated slot car websites.